Stone Paper ® and the Environment
Choosing Stone Paper® leaves trees in the ground – where they belong – capturing C02 and reducing greenhouse gases, a critical weapon in the fight against climate change.
Is Stone Paper® the cleanest paper ever produced?
Stone Paper® products require no bleaches, acids, alkali, or other potentially dangerous ingredients to achieve its white color. Instead, our exceptionally white paper is derived from the high concentration of naturally white CaCO3 mineral content. As a result, the manufacturing of our Stone Paper® materials produces no pollution to the air, rivers and waterways with any harmful chemicals.
Stone Paper® vs. Pulp Paper
Why choose Stone Paper® products?
- Utilization of minerals, CaCO3 vs. pulp fiber and freshwater
- Manufacturing requires far less energy, resulting in much lower CO2 emissions
- No waterways are polluted with toxic effluent
- Stone Paper® = No trees, no water, no dyes or bleaches
Sustainable, waterproof, tear-resistant paper with endless applications.
The Stone Paper® Lifecycle
Stone Paper® products prove to be nature’s promised future. Making paper out of minerals helps preserve the environment and save the planet for our future generations.
Up to 67% smaller than paper made from other materials.
- By eliminating pulp fiber from our production process, Stone Paper® is not only counteracting the creation or increase of any greenhouse gases, but its mineral paper manufacturing process contributes significantly to the reduction of carbon footprint.
- Stone Paper® products carbon footprint is further reduced because its manufacturing process uses approximately half the energy of comparable material production.
- Stone Paper® manufacturing process uses only electricity during production contributing even further to our environmental responsibility.
Stone Paper® contributes to rainforest protection
While many believe printing and the use of paper is a dying industry, consumption of paper has actually risen by 400% in the past 40 years.
Stone Paper® believes in playing its part. We believe this innovative product helps offsetting climate change, desertification, soil erosion, crop reduction, flooding, increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, and a host of other problems for indigenous people. It’s time to make nature our priority. Let’s change the world together.
Contact Colourfast to find out more about Stone Paper cards. We would love to discuss the make-up of our cards and why they are perfect for your business and the environment.