1. Do plastic cards have a standard size?
Yes. The standard size is 3⅜″ x 2⅛″ and a ⅛″ diameter rounded corners, which is the same as a standard credit card. However don’t feel limited, we can accommodate requests for many different shapes and sizes.
2. How thick will my card be?
Cards are available in a range of thicknesses from .012 mil to .030 mil. The thickness of a standard credit card is .030 mil.
3. Plastic cards look impressive. Are they expensive?
Plastic cards both look impressive as well as maximising the perceived value you give to your customers when you provide them with your own card. They bring your clients back to you again and again in an economical and effective format, and they are not expensive. Colourfast prints with the latest Direct Imaging technology. This technology allows your file to go directly to press, making Colourfast faster and more affordable than other printers.
4. Can I use my own artwork and designs?
Of course! We have clear information on how to prepare your artwork for the press. Click here for simple layout instructions.
5. I don’t have any artwork or a designer. Can you create an effective design for me?
No problem. Colourfast provides outstanding design services enhanced via a large selection of stock photography to allow you to create the card that will work the hardest for your company. Click here for a list of the services we provide.
6. I have all the images needed for my card design; the company logo and a background image. Can you incorporate these items into a powerful design layout?
Absolutely! We can take your images and create an impressive, effective as well as unique design for you. Click here to view our art work and print specifications, or here to contact one of our design team.
7. I’m new to the plastic card industry. I have an idea for my product but that is all. Can you help me?
A Colourfast customer service representative will help you every step of the way. Our graphic experts will assist you in creating an effective design for your product. Just give us a call and we will be happy to assist you. Click here for a list of services that we provide.
8. How will I know if I will like my final design or product?
Colourfast will provide a proof of your job, for your approval. This will show you the exact layout of the images, personalization (barcodes, magnetic strip or serial numbers), and true colours so that you can be confident in the impact of your final product. Once the proof is approved and signed, we will proceed to the next step and print your cards.
9. I reside outside Canada. How will I receive my cards?
We will ship your cards to you using FedEx International Priority Service. As an important part of our service to you, one of our Customer Service Representatives will keep you informed of your shipment’s progress.